Erectile Dysfunction or ED is a common problem and affects as high as 30 million men each year all over the world. While the problem in adult men is usually temporary, its effect increase with age and around 4% of men at the age of 50+ and a higher percent of 17% men in their 60s experience total inability to maintain an erection. As assumed till now, Erectile Dysfunction has nothing to do with aging process and it never hinders the pleasure of sex or affects your self esteem.
Erectile Dysfunction is often a cause of multiple factors including the medication, chronic diseases, mental disorders, injuries and drugs use. Not at all Erectile Dysfunction is preventable but certainly there are some ways to reduce the risk of getting this ailment.
Depression and Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Prevention
It is very usual for any men who are suffering from erectile dysfunction to feel frustrated, sad, unsure of themselves and even depressed or angry. Such feelings need to be handled carefully otherwise they can amplify the impact of erectile dysfunction on your relationship and social life.
Stress management is necessary and when stress persists the body is used to break down and start facing issues like erectile dysfunction. Cope with stress and also keep a check on your erection, performance and if you think that you are suffering from erectile dysfunction then consult doctor immediately and start practicing Erectile Dysfunction Preventions.
Sex and Romance: Work together to Erectile Dysfunction Prevention
If you have been experiencing erectile dysfunction problems then remember you are not alone. You and your partner both will be affected and that’s why you both need to work together to overcome with erectile dysfunction and start enjoying intimate sex and a better life!
Erectile Dysfunction Preventions
Prevention is always better than cure and if you are the one at the risk of developing erectile dysfunction then its best to prevent it from occurring and start working on your lifestyle and overall health. Some of the Erectile Dysfunction Prevention includes:
- Smoking should be avoided
- Regular weight maintenance
- Review your current medicines with Doctors and ask him for the possibility of erectile dysfunction due to its constituents
- Excessive alcohol must be avoided
- Prescribed medications must be taken as directed
- Illegal drugs are a big no
- Chronic illnesses including Diabetes, Kidney diseases etc. must be kept in control following doctor’s recommendations
- Because the problem erectile dysfunction is related to poor blood flow, improving cardiovascular health can help
Other steps that you can try:
- Control the blood pressure level, cholesterol level, and severe medical condition like Diabetes, Blood Pressure etc.
- Stop using alcohol and other recreational drugs that are known to reduce sexual desire and affect your ability to have a long term erection.
- Exercise daily and ask your physical doctor for some suggestions on which exercise is best for you
Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction Prevention
While the above mentioned remedies were medical and tried and tested as well, there are some natural remedies as well that help to prevent Erectile Dysfunction. You can try these as well:
Yohimbe Bark Supplements
For many generations, the Yohimbe tree bark supplements have been used as a natural remedy for Erectile Dysfunction Prevention. This tree is an evergreen native to Africa.
It is a medicine that helps the blood vessel to expand and increases the blood flow throughout the body including the Penis region. The medicine increasing the blood floe ultimately helps in facilitating a long term erection.
Sex pills like Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, and Viagra to Treat ED
Pills and sex simulators like Cialis, Levitra, Staxyn, Stendra, and Viagra help men to keep erection for a longer time period and thus you can sustain it throughout the sex. Though the duration of erection remains dependent on how long the drugs will work on your body and how quickly they are effective,
Hormonal Therapy for Erectile Dysfunction Prevention
Hormonal treatments for Testosterone, cabergoline, and bromocriptine can help you keep away and with Erectile Dysfunction.
Replacement Therapy for Testosterone
A Testosterone Replacement Therapy is an ideal solution for erectile dysfunction. Since inadequate and less production of testosterone also results in erectile dysfunction. If you have one of same kind then a testosterone replacement therapy can help to improve the situation.
Epimedium- Horny Goat Weed
Horny Goat weed as they are known is a herb that is being used since ages in the traditional China for centuries. The weed helps with erectile dysfunction, pain, fatigue, libido and other problems effectively and naturally.
Sexual Pleasure and Impotence
Usually things also get better when the couple consult some sex therapist rather than not discussing at all.
Top tips from experts for Erectile Dysfunction Prevention
Keep a watch on what you are eating
Researches and several studies have shown how your eating patterns increases the chances of heart attack and restrict the blood flow to the coronary artery, which ultimately results in impeding blood flow to the penis. Proper blood flow is essential to make the penis erect. Having diet that includes very less amount of fruits, vegetables, high amount of fat, fried or processed food also contributed to a decreased blood flow and circulation throughout the body!
Anything and everything that is not good for your heart is also bad for your erection.
Expert doctors have confirmed this fact that there is a link in between that there is a link in between Mediterranean diet and your impotency. A study also showed that ED was found to be relatively uncommon amongst those who had fruits, whole grains, vegetables, and heart healthy fats.
Maintain a Healthy Weight
Overweight is not just a usual issue but brings many health problems including severe type 2 diabetes. This type 2 diabetes is enough to cause severe damage to your health and nerves which again in return impacts the blood supply to your penis. Avoid overweight for Erectile Dysfunction prevention.
High Blood Pressure and High Cholesterol
A high blood pressure or high cholesterol level can hugely damage the blood vessels that bring blood to the penis. Ultimately this results in Erectile Deficiency. Keep in touch with your doctor to ensure you blood pressure and cholesterol levels under control and help in Erectile Dysfunction prevention. You can also buy blood pressure monitors to check your level at home. Most of the blood pressure drugs are known to hinder erection.
Avoid Alcohol or don’t drink at all
Chronic or heavy drinking habits are known to harm your liver, damage the nerves and create other serious ailments. The alcohol intake is also responsible for interfering with the normal balancing of male sex hormone level and the ultimate result is ED.
Regular Exercise for Erectile Dysfunction prevention
A sedentary lifestyle and lazy schedule is another big reason to promote Erectile Dysfunction. Get involved in regular swimming, running, and other aerobic experience that are known to help you with Erectile Dysfunction prevention. You should avoid those exercises that put excessive pressure on the area between scrotum and anus, aka Perineum. The blood vessels and nerves in the body supply blood to penis are harmfully affected by excessive pressure. Activities like bicycling also cause ED.
Never rely on Kegels for Erectile Dysfunction prevention
One of the exercises that is said to be helpful but there are no evidence whether it affects or improves the condition of Erectile Dysfunction. The exercise involves repetitive contraction and relaxation of muscles in pelvis area and has been found to be useful to the patients suffering from incontinence.
Do not use Anabolic Steroids and Smoking
The common drugs that are used by athletes, body builders, etc and deplete their ability to produce testosterone. Similarly smoking whether regular or sometimes is known to harm blood vessels severely and thus curbing the blood vessels contraction. This results in hampering the blood flow to penis.
Curb your stress
Stress boosts the level of adrenaline hormone which results in blood vessels contraction. This is bad news for an erection. Ease out tension and feel better emotionally as well as physically.
Foods that can help in Erectile Dysfunction prevention
- Watermelon: The refreshing, sweet fruit has compound that can work on Erectile Dysfunction prevention just like any medicine on your blood vessels. It can increase your sex drive, studies have proved it. Though most of the watermelon constitutes water, it is also loaded with lycopene that is good for your skin, heart and prostate.
- Oysters: These shellfish are known to boost testosterone level and thus help you with increased sex drive. The oysters are filled with zinc, a nutrient and mineral needed by the body. Make sure they are cooked properly before consumption.
- Coffee: Your every day morning coffee is not just a much needed pick me up beverage but it also gives a boost to your love life too. A person who consumes two or three cups of caffeine in a single day was able in Erectile Dysfunction prevention. Caffeine helps in boosting blood flow and is also found in sports drinks, sodas, tea etc.
- Dark Chocolate: This delicious treat has many perks over the taste itself. An ounce few times a week helps you trigger your drives. It is also known to be good for heart and other parts of body. It is rich in flavanols which increases lower blood pressure and blood flow as well. It also increases in production of Nitric Oxide which helps in erection and depleting the Erectile Dysfunction.
- Nuts: Walnuts and few other nuts that have high amount of arginine help in increasing the nitric oxide production. They are also good source of Fibre, folic acids and Vitamin E. However, they must be taken in limited amount and you can add only a small handful of nuts in your diet. They are also high in Calories.
- Juices: Though most of the people love adult beverages, alcohols and soda, but drinking kids stuff is also great for Erectile Dysfunction prevention. Try grapes and pomegranate juices. Both have the same effect almost.
- Garlic: Garlic is always beneficial and helps to fight many ailments. If there is any plaque formed on the walls of arteries, then it results in cutting blood flow and reduced blood supply. This ultimately results in hindering your bed life. Adding garlic to your diet helps to keep arteries free of plaque and clear as you age.
- Fish: Salmon and many other fishes are an excellent source of heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids. The acid helps to boost nitric oxide in body and lowers blood pressure, risks of heart attack, and blood clots. If one consumes 8 ounces of salmon, sardines, fresh albacore tune or mackerel fish then they will succeed in Erectile Dysfunction prevention.
- Leafy Greens: They are nutritional powerhouse for all kinds of ailments. Since they come packed with Vitamins, Omega 3s, Minerals, and other nutrients, they offer possible benefits to your sex life as well.
- Peppers: Adding chilli peppers within your diet also spices out your sex life. The constituents of peppers like Habanros, Jalapenos, Cayennes, etc. help your heart to relax, and thus contribute to blood flow from heart to other organs of the body. They also help in lowering blood pressure and preventing blood clots.
- Olive Oil: It may help to produce more testosterone and also full of monounsaturated fats, which is good for your health and helps to keep away from bad cholesterol. You must opt for extra virgin olive oil since they are free from chemical and high heat exposure and retain the true minerals. This helps to preserve healthy oxidants.